NuMedica Micellized D3 is a natural form of vitamin D3, which provides 1200 IU vitamin D per drop. It is a water-soluble, high potency micellized form of vitamin D.
About Vitamin D
Vitamin D3 is a fat-soluble vitamin that helps the absorption of calcium and phosphorus in the human body. The recommended dietary allowance of vitamin D3 is 400IU/day for infants, 600/IU per day for toddlers and adults and 800IU/per day for people above 71 years.
When skin is exposed to sunlight, vitamin D is naturally made by the body. Lifestyle changes have made us vitamin D3 deficient. Most of us avoid or limit exposure to sunlight or use sunscreen. Dark skin and aging may prevent getting enough vitamin D from the sun.
Some health conditions can also make it more difficult for someone to absorb vitamin D, including kidney and liver disease, some types of cancer, chronic inflammatory diseases, hyperparathyroidism and many more. Antiseizure and HIV/AIDS also prevent the absorption of vitamin D. Therefore, to get the recommended levels of vitamin D3, NuMedica Micellized's higher potency vitamin D3 drops will ensure you meet the recommended levels of vitamin D3.
Symptoms of Vitamin D Deficiency
Symptoms of vitamin D deficiency may include bone and back pain, fatigue, low mood, slow wound healing, hair loss, eczema, muscle pain or cramps. If Vitamin D deficiency persists for long periods, it may result in serious complications, cardiovascular conditions, autoimmune problems, neurological diseases, infections, complications during pregnancy and certain types of cancers, especially breast, prostate and colon cancer.
Natural Sources of Vitamin D
- Exposure to sunlight
- Seafood is a great natural source of vitamin D. Salmon, tuna, shrimps, sardines, anchovies and mackerel and other fatty fish are good sources of vitamin D.
- If you don't like fish, taking cod liver oil can be vital for obtaining vitamin D.
- Whole eggs are another excellent source of vitamin D. Egg white is rich in protein, while egg yolk is rich in fats, vitamins and minerals.
- Beef liver
- Fortified foods; some commonly fortified foods include cow's milk and yogurt made from that milk, plant-based milk alternatives like soy, almond and hemp milk, orange juice, ready-to-eat fortified cereals, tofu and many more.
Apart from natural sources of vitamin D, it can also be obtained from artificial sources like lamps that emit UV-B radiation. When your skin is exposed to UV-B radiation from the sun, it's able to produce its own vitamin D. UV lamps mimic the action of the sun and can be especially helpful if your sun exposure is limited due to geography or time spent indoors. These lamps can be costly and cannot provide the recommended amount of vitamin D. So NuMedica Micellized D3 is the recommended choice to get recommended dietary allowance (RDA) of vitamin D3.
Benefits of Vitamin D
The right amount of Vitamin D provides many benefits such as:
- Building and keeping strong bones by regulating the absorption of calcium and phosphorus.
- Treating and preventing bone disorders like rickets, osteomalacia and osteoporosis.
- It may be used in treating kidney disease to keep calcium levels normal by absorbing it properly and allowing normal bone growth.
- Vitamin D is also known for strengthening the immune system, reducing depression and helping weight loss.
- Vitamin D drops and few other supplements are recommended during pregnancy. Women taking 4,000 IU of vitamin D daily can prevent preterm labor/births and infections. Vitamin D during pregnancy is essential for both the mother and baby. The average prenatal vitamin only contains 400 IU of vitamin D, so additional supplementation is recommended to be taken daily.
Enhance Your Vitamin D Uptake with NuMedica Micellized D3
NuMedica Micellized's higher potency and solubility provide your body with an optimum amount of vitamin D3. Micellization enhances the solubility resulting in greater absorption of vitamin D3 in our body to ensure that you obtain the vitamin D you need to support good health.