Brandy's Journey Concludes
Final Weight: 232.6 pounds. That's a total weight loss of 10.6 pounds! Even though her goal was to lose more this first time through, she did achieve some of her weight loss goal but more importantly learned some valuable things about herself, weight loss and nutrition that will help her continue towards her overall goal. Way to go Brandy!
Why Do Diets Fail?
There are probably as many answers as there are people on diets. We are all unique, but here are the top 5 in my opinion today:
- Stress. Fat cells are like little storage tanks of toxins. When we experience stress, our body, assuming we will need energy to run from a bear, or live through a famine, holds on to the fat it thinks it needs to keep you alive.
- Sleep Deprivation. Same song different verse! When we don't get enough sleep, our bodies hold on to fat and fluid as a protecting measure. Long-term fatigue is one of the biggest culprits to diet failure.
- Processed Foods. These often kill diets because of food or chemical sensitivities that you may have and not even be aware of. This causes inflammation in the gut and the rest of the body, making weight loss very difficult.
- Poor Planning. We often have great intentions, but without a plan to follow through to our goal, we will fail. This means a REALISTIC plan- not one that we have no intention of keeping.
- Excuses. I'll let Brandy, our latest weight loss friend, expound on that from this week's journal.
On a personal note, I realize how I often "set myself up to fail" in diets. Deep down, I am afraid that I will fail so I always self-sabotage to provide an excuse for why the diet did not work. I realize that life happens, and sometimes things beyond my control prevent me from doing the best I can do. But I have already decided that I will keep going, and I still plan to do another cycle after this one, and then more after that. hc3 Trim is an effective way to lose weight, and I hope that the next time I will be better prepared to succeed the whole way through and not just some of the time.
As you can see from Brandy's experience, there is more to losing weight, and keeping it off, than simply "going on a crash diet" or "taking some diet pills", even when using a high-quality weight-loss program like NuMedica hc3 Trim. Many of us do not always achieve our goal the first time we try. Achieving and maintaining proper weight requires long-term changes to lifestyle behaviors that usually take some time and effort.
Proper nutrition, sleep and stress management play critical roles in Wellness especially with regards to weight and body fat. We encourage you to take advantage of all of the Wellness educational content on our website and, of course, the quality supplements from NuMedica where they are appropriate for you.
Editors Note: In early 2013 NuMedica revised the hc3 weight-loss program to include a formula revision, meal-plan revisions, the addition of MCT Oil (yeah!), and changed the program length from 40 to 30 days. The program is just as effective and now allows the participant more options based upon their individual weight loss goal.