So, Who Needs Chemicals to Clean?
You don't you need harsh chemicals to clean your home! Simple oils and items you can get at the grocery store will do the trick!
Turns out, no one needs harsh chemicals to clean! Instead, you can use products that contain essential oils and get the same results or better! Here's an example of cleaning products you can use that are free of chemicals, which means better health for the people in your life; especially those with asthma and auto-immune diseases:
- Baking Soda - Cleans, scours, polishes and removes stains and odors! Its a gentle cleaner, great for your drains and so safe you can eat it. It will lift stains and deodorize your surfaces.
- Salt - It's a natural abrasive cleaner.
- Vinegar - It removes mildew, stains and grease. It's an acid cleaner that will kill mold, bacteria and disinfect as well as deodorize your surfaces. (Please note if you have mildew showing on a surface you need to use white vinegar full strength and let it sit for several minutes on your surface.)
- Almond Oil - It's a great softening agent. We use it in our All Purpose Cleaner.
- Citric Acid - It's a benign cleaning agent that softens the metals that are in hard water.
- Clove Oil - It's a natural antibacterial agent as well as the best natural antioxidant.
- Grapefruit Oil - It will kill harmful bacteria and viruses.
- Lavender Oil - It's a great natural antiseptic, and inhibits growth of micro-organisms that could be on your surfaces.
- Organic soap -100% vegetarian: super mild and has outstanding water softening and cleansing powers. Dissolves dirt and disinfects at the same time.
- Papaya - Great at breaking down proteins and chemical bonds in your clothes.
- Peppermint Oil - It's a natural antiseptic and inhibits growth in microorganisms.
- Tea tree Oil- Is a known anti-fungal and is also recognized as a potent antiseptic.
These products will literally be able to replace your whole cleaning system, and and completely non toxic, and 100% chemical free. And the smell- amazingly fresh and clean- no chemical residue scents. They are also very cost effective, unlike some of the expensive commercial "green" products. Try a few of these today, and see if you don't do a little happy dance?
Libby Wright, mother of four who homeschools, is an original founder of SupplementRelief.com in 2010. She suffered through challenging diseases including Interstitial Cystitis, Graves and Lyme. After years of little progress with traditional medicine, she pursued integrative medicine, applied what she learned, and got healthier. She became passionate about wanting others to experience the same "relief" she had come to know, and SupplementRelief.com was born. She is now managing her illness with a lot of prayer, a lot of nutrition/supplements, and a little prescription medicine. She has been able to resume her normal life and, while there is no cure for her particular conditions, she is able to cope, enjoy every day, and encourage others.
Learn more about Libby Wright.
We encourage you to take advantage of these FREE Wellness Resources on our website.
So What's The Big Deal About Chemical Cleaners?
The brand names you know and trust, may not be that trustworthy when it comes to cleaning your home.
Watch For This When Choosing Your Cleaners!
Did you know that cleaning supplies do not have regulations in the way they list ingredients? It's true! Companies do not have to give a full ingredient list on their labels, so buyer- beware!
What's Really in my Cleaning Caddy?
Ever wonder what all those chemicals in your household cleaners really do? You will be shocked at just how dangerous they can be.
The information, knowledge, and experience shared on this website is the opinion of SupplementRelief.com. This site and its content is intended to enhance your knowledge base as YOU MAKE YOUR OWN HEALTHCARE DECISIONS in partnership with your qualified health professional. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Any products referred to are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Comments are displayed in order of the last one posted so the most recent Comment is at the top and older Comments are towards the bottom. Replies within a Comment are displayed in reverse order with the oldest Reply at the top and the most recent one at the bottom.
Each post identifies who made the post and the date and time the post was made.
Mouse over the icons for tooltips that explain what the data means.
If you see this icon you can attach an Audio file to your post.
If you see this icon you can attach a Document file to your post.
If you see this icon you can attach an Image file to your post.
If you see this icon you can attach a Video file to your post.
You will see the Ban icon (Report Post as SPAM) immediately following the Timestamp of the post. Click this icon if you feel strongly that the content posted is not appropriate and should be reviewed by the Forum Moderator. You will be provided with a confirmation dialog to be sure you wish to submit this post for review. If submitted, the Forum Moderator will be notified to review the post and will determine what type of action to take.
Click in the upper right corner of this Help modal or anywhere on the web page outside of the modal to exit Help.×